Dental Implants Louisville
The High-Tech, Natural-Looking Solution for Missing Teeth
Over the last few decades, a new option has emerged for patients who are missing one, several, or all of their teeth - dental implants. Not only can the treatment be custom-tailored to match your individual needs, but this restorative process stands above traditional options like dentures and bridges because it’s less invasive and longer lasting. Dr. Garland partners with local dental implant experts to deliver lifelike results. Call our office today to schedule a consultation and learn whether you’re a good candidate for dental implants in Louisville.
Why Choose Hurstbourne Dental Care for Dental Implants?
- We Accept Most PPO Dental Insurances
- Experienced & Highly Skilled Dentist & Team
- Homey & Welcoming Dental Office
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically placed below the gumline and into the jawbone to restore the roots of missing teeth. They’re typically crafted from biocompatible materials like titanium because of their ability to naturally integrate with the jaw through a process called osseointegration. Once this is complete, a bridge, crown, or denture can be attached to the implants to restore the entire structure of any number of missing teeth, rejuvenating the overall function and look of your smile.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
- Consultation: The first step of every dental implant treatment is a detailed consultation with Dr. Garland. Our team will speak with you about your smile goals, examine your mouth, and go over your oral and medical history. Based on all of these factors, he will help you determine whether dental implants are right for you.
- Surgical Placement: Once you consent to moving forward, the next step is to schedule your dental implant placement surgery. Dr. Garland partners with local oral surgeons for this step to achieve the best possible results. In some cases, Dr. Garland will place the implant for you right in the office.
- Osseointegration & Abutment Attachment: Following your surgery, you’ll undergo a recovery period during which your dental implants will intefgrate with your jawbone. This typically takes between three and six months. Then, we’ll attach small metal connector pieces to your implants, called abutments.
- Securing the Final Restoration: Once your permanent restoration has been crafted, we’ll attach it to your abutments and dental implants to complete your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have quickly become one of the top restorative dentistry treatments because of the variety of unique benefits that they offer. The most notable advantages of choosing this cutting-edge treatment over traditional dentures and bridges are that they boast a 35 or more-year lifespan and an unmatched natural look and feel. Because they restore the entire structure of missing teeth, including the roots, you’ll find basic tasks like eating and speaking to be much easier with dental implants near Middletown.